The Custom House dates from 1857 and was built to the designs of Charles Lanyon. It is a Grade A listed building and was described by Brett as “the finest public building in the city”. Concerns about heavy structural cracking and loose masonry led to the facilities manager seeking expert advice. The practice undertook a detailed structural survey of the building, prepared a schedule of repair and an external stonework inspection. This work was undertaken out of hours and employed high level access. The report provided detailed conclusions allowing the facilities manager to prioritise some limited work over an acceptable time period.