Location: Carrickfergus

The Andrew Jackson homestead is a listed, direct entry, central hearth, vernacular cottage, dating from the mid-18th century, constructed of stone set under a thatch roof. The cottage serves as a visitor centre celebrating the ancestry of the 7th President of the United Sates (1829-1837), whose parents emigrated from the townland in 1795.

The Practice undertook a detailed condition survey of the cottage in 2016 and this identified issues with the structure and its fabric and on the back of that, Mid and East Antrim Council decided to proceed with a scheme of repair and restoration. The design and on-site works sought to introduce the highest quality of building conservation with traditional materials and building techniques used to restore the cottage. The original roof structure was strengthened and repaired and appropriately designed building limes were used throughout. Services were renewed to meet modern expectations and the site extensively landscaped.

The Cottage re-opened as a visitor attraction and museum in April 2019.